Monday, July 6, 2009

Thing #15


I went to the library the other day and someone said "can you imagine what libraries will be like 10 years from now...they will probably be extinct." I still remember trips to the library when I was younger, and when I go there I love the smells and comforting quiet. I don't agree that libraries will just "disappear." Activities like this and the always-learning, tech-savvy librarians are resources to the community, and continually adapt the library to thrive.

Although students are technologically advanced, they need to be guided on what resources are best suited for what they need and how to utilize what they need. I thought the article Into a new world of librarianship was interesting because it discussed what librarians are doing already and their role in the community.

1 comment:

  1. You are correct...libraries will never disappear, but they will constantly change! You will be excited by the changes started in your library and will be even better next year!

    ReplyDelete